- Acceleration demands great strength and power while maintaining triple extension through the ankle/knee/hip. This triple extension is highly related to work done in the weight room.
- Stopping or decelerating demands proportional bending of the ankle/knee/hip in order to control the high eccentric loads and properly absorb shock.
- Reaction can be improved by working on the primary stimulus: auditory, visual or kinesthetic depending on the sport or the situation.
- Assistance training (overspeed) methods develop specific strength to improve stride frequency as well as stride length.
- Vary speed training methods and intensity to avoid building a speed barrier.
Post-Ortho Sports Rehab FREE Evaluation—>>> https://pk156.infusionsoft.com/app/page/postortho
Follow on Facebook—>>> https://www.facebook.com/coachhos/
Subscribe on YoutTube—>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuy6mBKvV1SehMKvALdcNjg/featured?view_as=subscriber